Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Purpose of this Blog

Greetings, fellow Skyrim adventurers!  As of this writing, there remains only five days until this marvelous game hits the shelves.  Everyone who wants the game is, no doubt, going out of their minds with gleeful anticipation right now, and I am certainly no exception.  Practically everyday, I'm on the Bethesda forums ravenously hitting the refresh button in the hopes that a thread containing some new information will materialize on my screen.  As I was, yet again, bashing my F5 key, something interesting caught my eye--a thread entitled "Skyrim Blogs".  A blog!  That would be a wonderful idea, I thought.  So now here I am.

As for what precisely this blog will contain, I do not know for certain yet, though I do have a general idea of where I want this to go.  Once I start playing the game, I'd like to catalog the adventures of my first character.  I'll write up a detailed back story in the coming days and then post periodic updates about his (or her) in-game experiences every few days.  After I've thoroughly played and (hopefully) enjoyed the game for a few weeks, I'd like to write an in-depth review in which I will attempt to be as objective as possible.

For the long term, I'd like to continue posting the adventures of my characters, as well some short stories set in Skyrim.  I'm also planning on posting some mod reviews, particularly for quest mods.

Well, that's all I have for the moment.  Now, time to wait for 11/11/11.

No comments:

Post a Comment